Linking up with Hallie and the other Five Favoriteers today to share some things that have been making me happy recently 🙂
1. This Saturday, museums around the country are opening their doors in the spirit of the Smithsonian museums. In the Louisville area alone, admission is free at the Slugger Museum, the Derby Museum, and the Science Center!! SO excited to check one of these out this weekend. Check out their website to see what’s free in your area.
2. Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day: I zipped through this book this week and I LOVED it! As I wrote on Goodreads, “A darling book! I smiled the whole way through. The story is similar to a sweet old movie with Astaire or Crosby. It’s so refreshing to read something cheerful for a change!” I have something like nine novels out from the library right now, so follow me on Goodreads to keep up with my bookworm ways 🙂
3. These designer wipe holders by Huggies are making me so happy. I have the green one on my kitchen table. It’s great for keeping wipes handy for baby cleanup without being all HEY I’M A WIPES BOX. It’s the little things.
4. Matt and I were on a Breaking Bad stretch for a while, which is a great show and all, but we needed a break from all the dark and depressing themes. Enter New Girl! It’s awkward, funny, inappropriate, and just what we need these days to unwind in the evenings.
5. Last weekend, Matt and I got away for a little 24 hour break courtesy of visiting grandparents. Mary did well on our first night away from us, and we got to sample some top-notch bourbon at Wild Turkey distillery. Win-win! My favorite bourbon was the Single Barrel, which coincidentally was also the most expensive bourbon we tried (naturally).
What the heck, here’s a bonus favorite just for you… my turkey 🙂